Are you not getting a good night’s sleep? Having difficulty in getting the rest that you need after a long day? If you’re planning to remodeling your room in order to have better sleep, we’ve gathered some useful tips you can take ideas from for your new room design:
1. Choose Comfortable Colors and Design. Having eyes which are comfortable to the eyes makes your mind relax and comfortable, thereby making it easier to induce sleep. Light colors, especially colors that we are used to seeing everyday are comfortable to the eyes during daytime and night time so if you’re building a room, be sure to consider that the vibe of your color scheme induces comfort and relaxation. Some of the most comfortable colors include, white, beige, earth greens and light peach. If you are designing a room for a child, then it would help making his room kid-friendly by having some kid-friendly design for its themes.
2. Maximize The Lighting Control. Did you know that red and orange lights induce sleep? If you have these lights in your room then maybe you can control the intensity by using a dimmer. Some bulbs in the market can even be controlled using voice commands and mobile applications. Else, if you enjoy having the traditional white color when you are working in your room, then maybe you can have a night light. A night light is simply a lamp or a source of light that is usually yellow-orange and that you can use when you are about to sleep. Some night lights also have the built-in insect repellants which keep insects away.
3. Keep it Clean and Minimal. Keeping a room clean and neat will also help relax your mind and keep them at peace. Giving your mind the comfort it needs during sleep will help your body have a good night’s sleep. Additionally, a clean room will most likely have no foul odor, instead a good smell is expected which will further aid in getting a good rest. Also, a minimal design will lessen the distractions your mind can get when it’s trying to fall asleep. A lesser number of furnitures and objects filling your room will also mean lesser things for your mind to get distracted with when trying to get some sleep.
4. Comfortability Is The Key. Comfortability is always the key to getting a goodnight’s sleep. This means one must have comfortable mattress and pillows so that the body can get a full rest. Another factor that can affect comfort is the temperature. If you live in tropical area, having an aircon is almost a necessity, especially during summer. If you are from a country where winter is unbearable, having a room with a heater is also a necessity. You can even add a humidifier to keep the surrounding air, clean and healthy. The key to having a good night’s sleep is having a comfortable surroundings – beddings, temperature and air.
5. Utilize Plants. Having plants in your room adds a certain healthy ambiance – possibly because just like humans, plants are living things too. Having plants also contribute to a healthier oxygen that we breathe so it will help to have a plant within your room.