Are you building a playground for your cat? Wondering what will make your cat happy and feel he’s home? Check out below unique ideas to make your cat playground more fun and enjoyable for your cat:
1. Place Cat Towers, Trees and Shelves! Cats are crazy for every furniture made specifically for them. Most cats are naturally attracted to places with high elevations so it’s no wonder that they keep on lounging on top of cat trees, towers and even shelves. If you have a cat that’s active and likes to roam around, chances are they might be attracted to the cat furnitures with high resting point so that they can see the whole surroundings and survey the area around them. For cats that are mostly staying indoors, such furnitures are enjoyable and might relieve them from boredom of roaming around a boxed area. Also, cat furnitures add certain uniqueness to your home!
2. Put A Cat Box or Condo. Some cats can be lazy at times, they end up sleeping almost the whole day. Just like humans, cats seek comfort in their homes or rooms. A cat condo can be any boxed area with an entrance or window where they can peek out their heads whenever they’re feeling curious. Another idea you should consider on their resting area is the addition of foams or pillows to make them feel total comfort when they’re inside their condo.
3. Give Space For A Cat Litter Box. For your cat and your family’s safety, it’s always essential to maintain the cat playground to be clean and odorless. While it is inevitable for your cat to discharge, it will help if his discharges are easy to clean. A cat litter box is quite helpful as cats find it natural to excrete in a sandy nature. You will simply need a box filled with at least one inch of cat litter. You can simply empty out the box, clean it and fill it up again with cat litter. If your cat is not instinctively using a litter box, then no need to worry as through training this can be practiced.
4. Get A Cat Scratch Post. Scratching is a method cats employ when they want to mark a territory as they have scent glands on their paws. When they scratch a certain area, their scent is deposited. Additionally, cats also scratch their paws to remove dirt from their nails which is a natural grooming behavior. If you want to avoid having your furnitures damaged and scratched all over, then it’s best to provide your cat a scratch post. Once you have a scratch post, you and your cat will feel like he’s truly home because his scent will be all over the post!
5. Buy An Automatic Cat Feeder. Does your cat have an eating habit? Well, no need to worry as automatic feeders have become more available in the market. A cat feeder is a perfect fit for the cat playground as most cats rely on food as energy to play around. Using a timer, you can set the time when to feed your cat and ensure that he never goes hungry and is always healthy!